Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Observation Deck! This post = not for close minded people!!!

We as human beings, must realize that it is important to be humane!!!! Not up to Mahatma Gandhi's level but to just a reasonable level and please la all of you!  Use your brains instead of ya'll's ass to think.

Fully packed coach with many foreigners boarding the train after work. Most of them were sweating and looked worn out. I walked to the center part of the coach and was reading a book when a man looked out him from his seat and offered me a seat which was directly across him. His wife was seating with a small girl and right beside them, an old Indonesian man was standing with a heavy work bag which looked dirty and old. I said thanks, I'm fine, why don't you ask the uncle to sit. He looked at me and said no I don't want him to sit beside my wife and girl because he is a foreigner, so you better seat before he sits. I gave him my most sincere smile and said, "Thank you, I rather stand".
Discrimination is worst than AIDS. I have no idea since when, we Malaysian became so discriminative and heartless. What is wrong if a foreigner sits beside you? He has all the rights just like you because he also paid for his tickets. I am sure the situation would have been different if it was a white guy/woman standing beside the wife and girl instead of the Indonesian man. Humanity - 0 Discrimination-1. Last Saturday, we had prayers for my late uncle. For those who know me well, I don't wear any gold jeweleries unless I feel the necessity to wear it. I was approached by like 6 aunties who came up to me and asked why aren't you wearing anything gold. Please wear some gold then only you will look bright!  You are looking so nice in saree but your face looks dull without any gold. One even had the guts to ask me, have you converted to Bahai? hahahahaha....Another one asked, what if in future your mother in law and husband demands you to wear gold???It is our culture that young women all must wear gold. What irked me the most is, all of them went up to my mum and demanded for explanation. haizzzzzzzzzzzz!!!! It my dam choice what I want to wear! What culture has got to do with gold??? Culture was created by humans living in a society and differs for each society that exists on earth. How do we evaluate a person whether she/he is cultural? If a girl wears her pottu, she is cultural??? Many of them don't even know the significance of wearing a pottu. When a girl does not wear a pottu, it does not indicate she is not cultural or has forgotten her roots. Furthermore, the original pottu has lost its standings beside all the newly designed bindis. (Point to Ponder) Ok I am going bla bla bla. Back to topic. Why on earth is it so important for me, Kalpana Devi Rajantran to wear gold chain and gold earring????? If I don't wear, the whole world will suffer is it???The most important thing on that day was prayers for my late uncle but these aunties just have to make a fuss about me. Where is the common sense? I was friggin mad at them but maintained my cool. Obviously they did not respect my late uncle or the prayers that was going on! End of the day, one aunty approached me and told me that gold indicates the status of the family so that's why I must wear gold!!!! I gave up. Honestly, I had no words after that. Thank god she was not related to me. Since when gold is used to evaluate one's status? What happen to moral values, respect for the deceased and basic common sense to say appropriate during the right occasions??? We have become a society full of greed. More money, more gold, more clothes, more jeweleries. Women spend hundreds on whitening/slimming products! How many of us think about the less fortunate before we splurge on expensive weddings,parties and unnecessary festive celebrations? Is it necessary to have open house in every jabatan every other week during Raya/CNY?Deepavali??? Is it important to wear RM1K saree for your wedding? I know it is your dam wedding, once in a life time event and your money, but think just for a moment what you can do if you had donated half of it to the homeless children in Sarawak who walks 8 hours a day just to get to school. I do not see the necessity of spending thousands on liquors. After all, it will only kill your nephrons and liver cells! Driving a big car indicates a person's status and achievement. For me, the bigger your car is, the more pollution you contribute to and eventually mother earth suffers. DO not measure a person's achievement/success by the car he/she drives, house or high paying job. You are successful if you can stop a hungry child's cry! You are a successful if you can hug a mentally challenged woman and tell her she is fine! You are successful if you can shake hands of those who have different skin colours. You are successful if you can hold against a man's hand from beating a woman. You are successful if you can hug a HIV+ person. Sadly, humanity has lost its core value, that is, every human needs to be humane!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Hi...just came across you blog. good write up. your whole writing remind me about one thing only which is BLOODY INDIAN mentality. agree with you. many thing in our society need to be changed and rectify. HUMANITY another big issue. i guess if you say humanity poeple will ask how much does it cost per kilo... we, human being i dont heading where. good keep it up your good writing.tc

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you have started querying yourself why there is a standard sets of rule that must be followed in order to please the world, from then on, you'll be the change.

    I wonder why your aunts didn't see you being 'bright', I see you're very bright for this particular liner - "You are successful if you can hold against a man's hand from beating a woman. You are successful if you can hug a HIV+ person. Sadly, humanity has lost its core value, that is, every human needs to be humane!!!!"

    Brilliant write up.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bravo babe! You said it out! The world needs a cold hard slap on their face!

    ReplyDelete