Thursday, September 30, 2010
Its us...
Ok I am back...been such a busy week....ok I've been doing this study on refugees...my work revolves around refugees,sex workers and as well as people living with HIV+.They are collectively called as marginalised group. My heart goes out to all the refugees in particular. The amount of torture and heartache they have to go through is just too hard for me to digest. Who are refugees? Many of us overlooked them as they are the minorities and many of them live in hiding. Every second is passed with gripping fear of being caught. Refugees are people! pull stop! human being who deserves every right to live just like another human being in this world. Circumstances made them to flee their countries. They are forced to to flee because they have been persecuted on the basis of their belief.s or ideology.Their stay is temporary until peace and democracy returns in their country. While they seek for safety, many of them are ill treated just because they are foreign. Many are forced into prostitution as well. The men are beaten up and many of them are trafficed up to north. Raped,starved,denied of basic needs,...they are treated like animals. I didn't know the severity of this scenario in Malaysia until I read the reports produced by UNFPA. It is sad to read that we Malaysians can be so heartless.Yes, we are.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment